Monday, October 26, 2009

Just a Glimpse

Today I found myself standing outside an art exhibit that I had been planning on going to see since I found out about it this past May. Every time I had thought about going earlier this year, there was some reason why I didn't. None of them are very good reasons.

Today was the last day of the exhibit. I stood alone outside the barrier and watched for glimpses of some of the paintings as they took them down and packed them away in boxes. I didn't see much.

I had wanted to see those paintings for months, but I let myself get distracted too many times. What I wanted in the moment overshadowed something that would have meant a lot to me. Seems like that happens all too often, doesn't it?

Why did I wait? Was it the idea of a better time, a better place, someone to share that with? Yes.

But in the end, all I had was a glimpse.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

:'(
this is sad. but thanks, because now I'll try not to let experiences escape me. and I'm sorry you didn't get to see it.

Maili said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maili said...

Kelsey, this is sad but thought-provoking. A great metaphor for real life. Too often we put things off until it is too late. Hopefully not the important ones! :)