IN OTHER NEWS:
You should probably listen to/watch these things. Your soul will thank you.
Vitamin String Quartet is my latest music obsession; they cover popular rock songs via, well, strings--cello, violin, and viola. Many thanks to the Crandalls for introducing me to this incredible new source of music. Their awesomeness is worthy of a bulleted list of hyperlinkage--and these are just my "must listens."
- Tribute to Snow Patrol's (insert swoon) "Chasing Cars"
- And "Run" by Snow Patrol - another song that will forever be in my top 10
- "The Scientist" by Coldplay (listen to the original, too, it's currently on my top 5)
- "Fix You" by Coldplay - I can't listen to this song with out aching a little.
- "Iris" by The Goo Goo Dolls - This song was on my radio alarm this morning.
- "My Immortal" by Evanescence - One of my favorite melancholy bands, back before they went super hardcore. This rendition is heart wrenching.
- "From Yesterday" by 30 Seconds to Mars
- "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down - Oh, the high school memories.
- Another old favorite, "Hey There, Delilah" by Plain White T's - This is still the most played song in my iTunes library.
- "Welcome to the Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance - Epic angst gets classy.
- "Somewhere I Belong" by Linkin Park - who new hardcore white-boy rap could be so sophisticated?
- Another Linkin Park favorite "Pushing Me Away"
- Muse's "Time is Running Out"
- "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith - This one is much better if you *don't* look at Steven Tyler.
- For you Owl City fans, here's a great cut of "Fireflies"
- AND last but definitely not least, a tribute to "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional - This was the first song I heard, and it still may be my favorite.
That should keep you entertained for a few hours. Enjoy!