Friday, February 6, 2009

My Purpose

I originally started this blog for a New Testament class I was enrolled in last semester here at Brigham Young University. I was blogging to share my beliefs, my thoughts, my dreams. As of late, I've been slacking off on the spiritual/serious blogs a bit. I'd like to go back to the roots of this blog.

To quote a great children's hymn, "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am; I know God's plan, I'll follow Him in faith. I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ, I'll honor His name. I'll do what is right, I'll follow His light - His truth I will proclaim!"

When I was younger, that was one of my very favorite children's hymns. And it still holds true. So, I am going back to my roots & the roots of this blog & shall again be posting about things of a more spiritual nature. No worries, I'll probably still right odes to my favorite colors & post about cake, but it's been awhile since I've written anything with much meaning. That should change.

Also, if you've just tripped on to my blog, please check out some of the things I've written in the past & leave your comments. I LOVE COMMENTS & if you have any questions, whether about cancer, BYU, the LDS Faith, or just me, I'd love to try and answer them as best as I can.

2 comments:

martha said...

hey kelsey :D
after reading that plea for comments, i couldn't resist. i do have a question - what kind of cancer does your dad have?

Kels H.M. said...

Yay for blogging buddies - my dad has Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. He was diagnosed when I was about a year old. We think he may be the longest living survivor of that type of cancer, which is pretty cool. He's a stubborn old fighter. I love him a lot, though.