Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sometimes It Rains

I've had a lot to think about on this rainy day. I love rain. I makes me pensive, but in a good way. Rain is oddly comforting, especially today. It makes me want to curl up with a comfy blanket and a good book, or maybe cozy up with a friend for a reflective chat, or even just lie on my bed, stare out at the clouds, and let my mind drift where ever it will.

Today I'm drifting around slightly melancholy thoughts. I think I'm headed toward some rainy days in my life right now. Just like the rain, it makes me introspective. The ways of the world seem a little less important than they did yesterday when the sun was shining and the news was blaring about the upcoming election.

But still, as I look up at the cloudy sky, I see a glimpse of blue. That little speck of blue has been growing for the last few minutes and I think that the sun will be making a cameo appearance any time now. Even behind the clouds, there are always blue skies. Which brings me to my theme song for the week, "Why Worry?" courtesy of the wonderful 80s band Dire Straits.

Baby I see this world has made you sad
Some people can be bad
The things they do, the things they say

But baby I'll wipe away those bitter tears

I'll chase away those restless fears

That turn your blue skies into grey


Why worry, there should be laughter after pain

There should be sunshine after rain

These things have always been the same

So why worry now?


Baby when I get down I turn to you

And you make sense of what I do

I know it isn't hard to say

But baby just when this world seems mean and cold

Our love comes shining red and gold

And the rest is pushed away

Why worry, there should be laughter after pain
There should be sunshine after rain

These things have always been the same

So why worry now?

I'm hopeful. I'm strong. I'm okay with rainy days.

Plus - the rain gives me the chance to show off my fabulously girly new umbrella. It has polka dots & a ruffle.

Bring on the rain.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love your conclusion. And the umbrella is a very cute one :)