Saturday, August 15, 2009

This Is India

Photographic proof of my trip AT LAST! Sorry it's taken so long - for those of you that are also my facebook buddies, there's nothing new here... but I felt like some photos needed a spot on my blog. Unfortunately, they got a bit jumbled in the uploading process, but I hope you enjoy!


Kaitlin & me showing off our best "Hindu Hands."


All the girls getting dressed up - except Lauren. She was coaching from the sidelines.


You wonder how I'm so close to my fellow volunteers after 2 short weeks? It's Sumo (SUV) trips like these that make it possible! Katie, Jared, & me got to know each other pretty well on this trip to & from a remote leprosy colony - we were painting their houses.

Chucks go well with traditional Indian sarees, right?


Sitting on the Taj Mahal itself - the sun was bright & I like to make super attractive faces!


Sunrise at the Taj Mahal on my twentieth birthday. Now THAT was an awesome way to bid farewell to my teen years.

My little Ajay! He fell asleep in my arms on my second night here & I've been completely in love with him ever since - how could I not be?


Satia & myself on the playground at Rising Star Outreach - she's got a mischievous streak as wide as this country.

No comments: