Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Home" & Safe

A big update on all of our Egypt adventures is coming soon, with some photographic evidence.

But I know that Cairo has been in the news rather a lot lately, so I wanted to write a quick note before I crash for the night (hiking to the top of Mt. Sinai to watch the sun rise can really wear you out). All of us BYU students are safely back at the Jerusalem Center, sick of buses, a bit sun kissed, exhausted, but so happy to be "home."

Truly, it was fascinating to be in Egypt while all of the recent events have been developing; it's given me such a deeper interest & understanding of these motivations behind the protests. We were blessed to be able to have an incredible trip, despite the unrest in downtown Cairo (which we avoided). We were even able to visit some pyramids that NO other BYU students have visited. All in all, it was a rather unforgetable trip. Thanks for your prayers & concern--it means so much to me to hear from you in the homeland.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm happy to hear you are well!
Also, I'm excited to see all these pictures. I've always wanted to see Egypt. And Mount Sinai just sounds cool.