Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sparks Fly

I know you all want to hear about Egypt & see pictures of the pyramids, but I'm rather busy working on an essay at the moment. So. Let me just tell you briefly about one of the new and exciting things in my life, which I affectionately refer to as Firework Chocolate.

I've tasted a lot of rather... unexpected things during the last month (!!!) in Jerusalem; a lot of the foods we eat here look familiar, but taste nothing like you'd expect. And then there are all the other foods that look completely unfamiliar and also taste completely unfamiliar. (We have normal foods like nutella, peanut butter, and bananas, too--don't worry.) Overall, it's been delicious. It's a good thing I packed my baggy jeans.


But this chocolate. It's a party. Really. The chocolate itself is creamy and sweet, but then--this is the exciting part--it has POP ROCKS in it. It is the strangest, most delightful juxtaposition of textures. It's also great for waking you up during late nights in the library or early morning Bible study after the Muslim Call to Prayer.

But be warned, these piquant pyrotechnics are sometimes so snappy that you may have to pull a gansteR face to keep the goodness in your mouth.

4 comments:

mmurdoch said...

You so gangsteR.

Kristen said...

That is SSSOOOOOOOOOOO cool.

Goojah Mama said...

Look! Even after a week in Egypt (which I found to be quite stressful) Kels still has girly finger nails:) Oh and this is the same girl who used to politely turn down chocolate. Go Kels...enyoy!

Jaynan said...

wow that sounds incredible.